Tracking Technologies used by Apes Hill
Apes Hill collects Personal Information about users over time and across different websites when you use our website or service. We also have third parties – as described below – that collect Personal Information this way. To do this, we use several tracking tools. Our vendors may also use these tools. These may include browser cookies and device IDs. We may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and similar technologies.
Why We Use Tracking Technologies
Apes Hill uses tracking tools, including cookies, on our website. Cookies are small files that download when you access certain websites. To learn more, visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu. We use tracking tools:
- To recognise new or past customers.
- To store your password if you are registered on our site.
- To improve our website.
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising) as permitted by law.
- To observe your behaviours and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms as permitted by law.
Strictly Necessary Cookies & Trackers
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Optional Cookies & Trackers
We use Performance Cookies, Functionality Cookies, Targeting Cookies and Social Media Cookies.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They do not directly store personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Length of Time on your Device
The length of time a cookie will stay on your device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your device until they expire or are deleted.
Can You Control our Tracking Technology
The browser which you choose to use may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends upon the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To find out more about how to enable, disable, or delete cookies from your web browser, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.adobe.com/devnet/security.html. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go to www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
The options you select are browser and device specific.
Last Updated: 30th October 2023